My professional life is summarised in my LinkedIn Profile.
SD-Industries is part of an informal consortium of telecom professionals offering our services to the telecom industry. Our particular areas of expertise are:
- Management of the RFP process as a service
- Consultancy and aid in responding to all forms of tender (RFI, RFP, RFQ, RFx…)
- General telecoms consultancy around the BSS/OSS area including 2G/3G/4G network implications
- Telecoms consultancy in the MVNE/MVNA/MVNO arena
RFP Process Management
We can offer a full service to operators, MVNEs, MVNAs, MVNOs and others to :
- Analyse the requirements for introducing or replacing part or an entire system, especially MVNE solutions
- Create the formal RFI or RFP documents for internal approval
- Manage the initial selection process for potential candidates with appropriate NDA and other legal-commercial requirements
- Initiate the formal process, distributing the RFI/RFP and managing the process prior to receiving the formal responses
- Analyse, categorise and review the responses and manage any clarification questions
- Generate a short list of candidates
- Be present in the short list presentations of their responses and generate and manage the follow up questions and clarifications
- Analyse the commercial offers and ensure that all offers are based on an identical set of criteria
- Aid the final selection process
As additional tasks, we can also offer help in the stages from candidate selection through the project kick-off and on into the early project management stages.
RFP Response consultancy
All of the consortium have deep experience in successful responses to all sizes of RFI/RFP and we can offer consultancy to help respond to them. This can take the form of
- Management of the RFP process ensuring a timely and coherent response
- Help to respond to certain aspects of an RFP where for instance, no commercially minded person is available to respond in a proper manner
- Editorial help to ensure that sections written by an non-native English, Spanish, French or Dutch person can be adjusted to ensure that the full sense of the response is apparent
Clearly the RFP is only the start of the process for a successful solution deployment and much work remains once this initial step has been achieved. We can offer consultancy services to help with the next steps after the award of a contract to a vendor. This can include defining and further specifying all aspects of:
- Customer journey
- SIM and customer life cycles
- Bundles and promotions
- Integration with external systems including POS, distributers and agents and banking/payment gateways
- Customer service support – both self service and MNO/MVNO supplied
- APIs – definition and confirmation of fit for purpose
- Core network integration
- Contract definition and negotiation
- Ongoing commercial aspects
These can be supplied as a ‘stand alone’ consultation or managing or contributing to a larger team depending on your particular requirements. Recent team references in this area include deployments in Mexico, UAE and Belgium.
General Telecoms consultancy
The consortium can offer consultancy based on their combined experience in the telecoms world dating back to the early 1990s. Especial areas of expertise are in the BSS/OSS area and in GSM and CDMA networks covering 2G/3G/4G/LTE as well as WiFi and special aspects such as satellite and WiFi handover, maritime local GSM networks and monitoring and tracking via the MNO network.
The consortium have all been involved with MVNEs and MVNOs for over 10 years and have deep experience of all aspects from setting up and integration through operational management to rplacement, upgrade and migration processes.
SD Industries eurl is a limited liability company established in France with a European VAT registration. Please contact me to discuss rates for any combination of the services described above.
Personal and guest articles are written on separate pages: